Saturday, October 8, 2011

Session 4.

The past two thearpy sessions had been excatly like the first one. Nothing. Nicki wasn't saying a word, the only thing that filled the room were her sobs. But according to the thearpist, this was normal. The thearapist (Dr. Brielle Williams) warned Safaree that it will take a couple of sessions until Nicki is comfortable with opening up, and that's excatly how it was. Nicki was finally getting comfortable with her new thearapist and she knew that she was ready to trust her.
Nicki woke up on a beautiful Tuesday morning, ready for her weekly appointment with Dr. Williams. This was her fourth appointment and she was finally feeling comfortable and trusting with her thearapist. Once they got to her office, Safaree walked Nicki into Dr. Williams office then usually waited outside or got food until she called him. But this time was different. Safaree kissed Nicki's forehead and began to walk out, then she grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Stay with me." she said. He looked at her then looked over at the therapist and took a seat next to Nicki in the office. He could tell she was scared but he would be there every step of the way. The session soon began.
"Hello Nicki, Hi SB. How are you guys today?" Dr. Williams asked. Small talk started to fill the room until the serious questions began. "So Nicki, talk to me. How have you been feeling?" Dr. Williams looked up innocently at Nicki hoping to finally get an answer out of her this time. "It's just really difficult for me to accept that something that was supposed to be everything is now gone forever. She was going to be my world. I failed her."
Tears started falling down Nicki's face and all Safaree could do was sit there quietly and watch. He had never seen Nicki talked about the situation yet and this was all new for him. He turned to Dr. Williams and waited for her to say something to make Nicki feel better. Dr. Williams finally spoke. "You didn't fail anyone, you need to come to realization with this Nicki or you will never be able to come over the situation." Nicki grabbed a few tissues and replied back to her with an angry tone. "Who was the one who drank while pregnant? Me. Who was the one who stressed herself out, not even thinking about the conseqences it could have on my child? Me. I failed, I killed this innocent baby who did nothing wrong to me. I could have brought a new life into the world but instead I ruined a life. She could have changed the world, she could have changed my world."
There was alot built up in Nicki that needed to be released. Both Dr.Williams and Safaree could see that. Dr.Williams talked to Nicki and gave her advice and a shoulder to cry on. They were now one hour into their session, and Dr. Williams suggested they stayed as long as they needed until things were cleared up, instead of leaving them they way they were. Safaree was quiet the whole time. Didn't say a word, didn't even check his phone or adjust his seat. Just sat there. Tears came to his eyes and he finally spoke.
"Onika? Do you realize seeing you like this breaks me in two? I love you Nicki. I know we say that to eachother all the time, but I love you. I'm in love with you. You're my world and I can't stand to see you broken. It's killing me." Tears were now falling down Safaree and Nicki's face as he continued. "I know you think this is your fault, but you were the best mother you could have been these past 6 months. You dropped everything when you found out you had a baby on the way. Maybe God took her back because he knew you weren't ready? Did you ever think about that Nicki? Just don't do this anymore, seeing you like this....I can't..." Safaree couldn't finish his speech due to his tears. Nicki walked out of her seat and sat on his lap as he laid on her chest crying. With her chin on his head, she did the same. Dr. Williams said nothing because this was excatly what she was waiting for.
Safaree sat back up and spoke to Dr. Williams "I love this girl, I really do." he looked up at Nicki while wiping his tears. "I love you."
Something about his words seemed so different. The way he said those 3 words, Nicki could feel them hit her heart.
"I think we should leave our session off at that. We can all have time to think about everything before we come in next week and discuss how we feel. Especially you two. Stay safe and I will see you next Tuesday." Dr. Williams smiled as them both while walking out of the office. "Let's go." Safaree said while walking out with Nicki behind him. They hopped in their Range Rover as Safaree started driving back to their home. The car ride home was silent. They both didn't know what to say, still mixed in with their thoughtd of what happened at the session. Nicki's phone lit up with a text from Drake.
Drake: "Hey Nic. Everything okay? I miss you, I'm praying for you"
Nicki: "Thank you Drake. Everything is okay, therapy is helping."
Drake: "Good, I will call you tommorow. Goodnight Onika"
Nicki: "Goodnight Aubrey."
Once she sent the last message, she looked up to see Safaree was pulling in the drive-way. Nicki hopped out of the car and walked into the kitchen. She made her and Safaree sandwiches and walked into the living room handing Safaree his sandwich. They ate them togheter while watching Judge Judy, still not saying a word. Once Nicki finished her meal, she threw her plate in the trash, walked over to Safaree, hugged him and kissed him on he cheek. Without any words being spoken she walked into her room to call it a night. She had alot of thinking to do..alot of BIG decisions were needed to be made.

Hi readers, this chapter was just to catch you all up before the BIG decisions start happening. Thank you all for reading and spreading the word on my story. I write quicker and more often when I get more feedback so please comment on the blogs of write to me on twitter (@TheFightForLove). Xo!

5 comments:

  1. This was Great...I really really liked this!Hope everything works out for Nicki and SB! Post soon plz!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN I GET ANOTHER CHAPTER IS ALL IMA SAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realliy enjoyed this chapter. I think Drake should come back. letss see how hes doinn with thee situation and how he can help nicki.(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. okso first off lemme sart by saying like i really enjoy this story like i really love it a lot!! omgg Nicki awww you lost her *crieessssssss* :'( im soooo sorry!! she would have been beautiful! but maybe its like safaree said maybe you werent ready or maybe drake wasn't meant to be your babies father maybe safaree is? but my love you will be ok just life your head up and look in front of you. safaree is there and always has been.. <3 please think about everything with the both and all i can say is follow your heart!

    btw i just started and caught all the way up this morning mad its awesomee i love your story plzzzz post again asap!!

    ReplyDelete